Rodent Control in Central Florida
Rats, mice, and squirrels have no place in your home! These pests can transmit dangerous diseases like hantavirus and salmonella, as well as contaminate your food, shred important papers, and even chew through electrical wires. For hassle-free protection, trust Rowland Pest Management. We’ll get rid of rodents and stop them from making a comeback with our 3 step process:
- Trapping and removal: We’ll set traps in the affected areas, making sure to keep them away from kids and pets. They’ll be checked regularly and reset as needed.
- Exclusion: In order to stop future infestations, we’ll complete exclusion repairs. This will seal off the entry points that rodents are using so they can’t get inside.
- Prevention: We’ll place monitoring stations around your property to target rats that are outside, stopping them from ever making it to your home.
Get a Free Estimate
Rodents Can Wreak Havoc On Your Home
No one wants to find out they have rodents living in their home. Not only are these pests a nuisance, but they can also cause serious damage to your property and pose a risk to your health and safety.
Dangers of a rodent infestation include:
- House fires: Rodents gnawing on electrical wires cause 7% of house fires.
- Leaks and floods: One of the top causes of leaks and floods due to gnawing on plumbing lines.
- Contaminant air and food: They chew through a/c ductwork and food storage to nest inside, directly contaminating your air and food.
- Damage your walls and furniture: They chew through drywall and have been found nesting in furniture.
- Spread disease: Rat Lungworm is a parasite that affects your brain and can cause blindness, as well as other major health issues.
Getting rid of a rodent infestation can be a costly proposition if you wait too long. You may need to replumb, rewire, redo your ductwork, replace insulation and decontaminate your attic. All told, this can cost tens of thousands of dollars. This is why it is so important to have regular pest control.
Rat And Mice Exclusion In Central Florida
Eliminating rats isn’t easy. These pests can hide anywhere in your home—the attic, basement, inside wall voids, under appliances. You name it, rats can get there. That’s why we spend plenty of time getting to know your home and looking for nesting spots. If we can figure out where rats are hiding, then we know the best place to put traps. After our inspection, we’ll create a treatment plan and get rid of the pest.
Signs Of Rats/Mice Include:
- Your food storage containers appear to have been gnawed on.
- You hear strange noises coming from your walls or ceilings.
- You notice rat droppings in your cupboards or on your floors.
Squirrel Exclusion In Central Florida
Squirrels can wreak havoc in your home by destroying insulation and chewing on pipes. Unfortunately, removing squirrels isn’t easy. These rodents move fast and can become defensive if you get too close. Our technicians have the right equipment to get the job done safely, removing existing squirrels while protecting your home from future issues.
To defend against squirrels, you can:
- Remove bird feeders on your property or invest in squirrel-proof bird feeders.
- Make sure your home's exterior and the exterior of any outbuildings on your property are sealed so that squirrels can't get inside.
- Eliminate sources of water buildup on your property. Make sure your gutters are clean, clear, and properly channeling water away from your home's exterior.
Same-Day Relief from Rodents
Don’t let rodents keep you up at night with their scratching, squeaking, and scurrying. Instead, trust Rowland Pest Management for same-day relief! We’ll inspect your home and install traps to start catching rodents as soon as possible. If weekdays don’t work, we also have Saturday appointments available. We’ll always work with you to find the best treatment time!
Areas We Service in Florida
As a locally-owned business, we’re always willing to go the extra mile and help our neighbors achieve pest-free homes. We’re proud to service areas throughout Central Florida, including: