How To Prevent Roaches In Your Casselberry Home
January 15, 2022
Cockroaches are certainly one of the more unsettling pests to find lurking in and around your Casselberry home.
Known as one of the dirtiest pests that homeowners encounter, cockroaches transport a host of disease-causing bacteria onto surfaces and food they contaminate. Because of their foul living behaviors, simply the presence of these pests alone is enough to trigger allergic asthmatic reactions in some people.
Read on to learn about the types of cockroaches that invade Casselberry homes and why it’s dangerous to have roaches in your Casselberry home. We also offer five practical cockroach prevention tips for Casselberry homes, along with the most effective cockroach control for Casselberry homeowners.
The Types Of Cockroaches That Invade Casselberry Homes
Roaches can survive a wide array of harsh conditions, but the weather conditions provided in Casselberry, which has a humid, subtropical climate, are ideal for these pests to thrive.
Many types of cockroaches commonly invade Casselberry homes, which include:
- American Cockroaches
- German Cockroaches
- Asian Cockroaches
- Australian Cockroaches
- Smoky Brown Cockroaches
- Florida Woods Cockroaches
Why It’s Dangerous To Have Roaches In Your Casselberry Homes
Having cockroaches in and around your Casselberry home is a threat to health and safety. Cockroaches carry several disease-causing pathogens, which cause sicknesses, such as:
- Typhoid Fever
Cockroaches are scavengers, and they pick up these bacteria from the foods they eat. These foods include decomposing food waste in trash cans and dumpsters, rotten meat, roadkill and animal carcasses, and even feces.
In addition to the bacteria they carry, cockroaches cause damage inside homes due to their unhygienic behaviors. Cockroaches will spread feces and waste throughout homes, leaving them scattered around areas they commonly travel to. Their presence also results in an unpleasant, pungent, oily odor.
Five Practical Cockroach Prevention Tips For Casselberry Homes
Aside from professional pest control services, the most effective safeguard against cockroaches in Casselberry is preventative action. Here are five practical tips on cockroach prevention for Casselberry homes:
- Clean Dirty Dishes: Cockroaches love leftovers and dishes that are left out with food scraps on them or even dishes left with scraps in the sink. If you’re unable to wash the dishes right away, keep them in a sink filled with soapy water.
- Vacuum Frequently: If crumbs and other debris accidentally fall to the floor, vacuuming throughout the week will ensure that it’s not enough to attract roaches and other pests.
- Pay Attention Where Food Is Prepped And Served: All kitchen areas, including kitchen countertops, appliances, seating areas, and floors, should be carefully cleaned, with particular regard for hard-to-reach areas, such as in the space between the stove and the countertop. After prepping and eating, aim to clean surfaces immediately.
- Properly Store Trash: Keep trash stored in a lidded container to prevent roaches and other pests from climbing inside.
- Periodically Inspect The Foundation Of Your Home: From time to time, do a walk-around of the foundation of your home, and look for cracks and crevices. Repair all damage with appropriate materials to prevent pests from gaining entry.
The Most Effective Cockroach Control For Casselberry Homeowners
The fastest, safest, and most effective way to remove cockroaches from your Casselberry home and property is with professional services from Rowland Pest Management.
The professionals at Rowland Pest Management have more than 30 years of combined experience, and the safety of your family members and pets is our top priority. We offer 100-percent satisfaction in eliminating cockroaches or other pests from your home.
If you suspect you may have cockroaches or other pests in your Casselberry home, contact Rowland Pest Management today at 407-456-8336.